Jobs at Stand.earth
Stand (formerly ForestEthics) is nonprofit environmental organization working to create a world where respect for people and the environment comes first. Our campaigns challenge destructive corporate and governmental practices, demand accountability, and create solutions that support all of us — and the environment and climate we depend upon.
Stand’s strategic approach and fierce determination have yielded extraordinary results: since 1999, we have secured the protection of 65 million acres of wilderness, shifted billions of dollars of corporate purchasing toward responsible options, and changed the environmental practices of more than 100 major U.S. corporations. We are a leading voice in the effort to protect our communities, climate, and environment from the risks associated with outdated, climate-polluting energy.
Stand recognizes and respects the sovereignty of First Nations and tribes, as well as the rights of indigenous people and frontline communities. These communities are often first and most directly impacted, and they provide critical leadership in developing solutions.
Stand is an equal opportunity employer; we have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Stand operates in the United States and Canada.
Stand is seeking a candidate who is fueled by a passion for building an engaged online community by developing strategic online content that engages our current supporters and inspires new people to join, take action, and donate to Stand. This person will be working in a highly-collaborative Digital team that includes a Digital Manager and Digital Campaigners in both the US and Canada, and a graphic designer. This position will also collaborate closely with Stand’s Development Department and campaign teams. This is a full-time role with excellent benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience. While our work is dynamic and fast-paced, we have a strong commitment to building a culture of mindfulness, support, respect, and equity. We seek someone who shares those values.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Support and implement digital fundraising strategies that will meet or exceed annual digital revenue goals, in close collaboration with our development team
- Scheduling and curating posts and content to keep with our fast-paced, multi-channel content creation environment
- Social listening with Meltwater and other tools, as well as identifying and developing social influencers
- Work closely with Digital Manager to convert social media followers & supporters into donors
- Work with our development and digital departments to coordinate and amplify engagement strategies between digital and development staff, including rapid-response campaigns, end of year and campaign-specific fundraising
- Identify and respond to digital fundraising opportunities
- Coordinate quality assurance process to produce the cleanest final content products
- Execute major digital pushes and projects, including end of the year fundraising, in coordination with the Digital team at Stand.earth
- Provide basic logistics and planning support for Stand.earth Digital meetings and events
- Keep track of and analyze Digital Team analytics
- Managing a photo archive
- Passion for creating and growing an engaged online community in a rapid-response environment
- Familiarity with online/digital fundraising strategies
- Commitment to working collaboratively and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Great writing skills and the ability to create content in a timely fashion
- Strong copy editing skills and attention to detail, especially in page setup
- Previous experience with testing of online content or messages and strategizing based on results
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and understand expectations in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Strong project management skills
- Experience creating donation campaigns using platforms such as Classy or comparable
- Experience in social platforms including Facebook and Twitter
Desired But Not Required:
- Experience creating and sending emails using platform such as EveryAction or comparable
- Experience creating pages using tools like EveryAction, or comparable
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of basic video editing software
- Experience working in a team that spans multiple offices in multiple cities
- Communications experience
- Self-awareness, confidence, and creativity
- Enthusiasm and passion for campaigning and organizing, especially grassroots digital organizing
- Committed to the values of equity, authentic communication, and collaboration
- Sense of humor
- Understanding of and interest in supporting Stands’ values
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter and a non-academic 1-2 page writing sample (for an online audience preferred) to: email@example.com. Be sure to include your name in the subject line and on all attachments. We thank you for your interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.